Advice on LED Direction

Jkuehn

Joined Feb 28, 2014
First off, this is the best forum out there!

I have a project I doing that I'm doing requires 20 LED (5050, 6pins). I'm running this off of two 3v batteries = 6v. My question is this, what is the best way to do this series or parallel? Also I've been having troubles figuring out the number of resistors and size to be used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bertz

Joined Nov 11, 2013
First off, this is the best forum out there!

I have a project I doing that I'm doing requires 20 LED (5050, 6pins). I'm running this off of two 3v batteries = 6v. My question is this, what is the best way to do this series or parallel? Also I've been having troubles figuring out the number of resistors and size to be used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
In order to calculate the value of the resistors, you need to know what is the forward voltage drop, check the data sheet for this info. What is a 3 volt battery? Are you using LIFE, LIPO, alkaline or rechargeable? What is the mAh rating of the battery?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
With only 6V.. chances are you can at best do 10 parallel strings of 2 in series on each string and you will need a resistor for each series string.