Advice needed on buying a 240v transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by rob1979, Jan 15, 2010.

  1. rob1979

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 12, 2009
    hi,i have taken a 110v transformer out of an electrical appliance that is from the usa but i want to change it for one to take uk mains 240v.i used a 110v power supply to test the old 110v transformer and used a multimeter and it said that the output was i need to find a transfomer that takes 240v with an output of 31v,and the appliance itself only requires 40ma.Problem being though is size! i cannot find one anywhere small enough to be a replacement.the old transformer is 37mm wide,30mm in height and 31mm in depth with mounting holes(chassis type) center to center 45mm apart.does anyone know of a suitable replacement from anywhere? the original is pictured below=a[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
  3. rob1979

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 12, 2009
    Thanks wookie but i have tried rs,maplin and farnells and none of these have anything of a suitable size,the one you have listed with rs i already have a spare of and its really to big,i seem to be really stuck on this lol
  4. t06afre

    AAC Fanatic!

    May 11, 2009
    Put the transformer back in again. Then purchase a 240 to 110 volt isolation transformer. You do do need to pay much since you do not need much power.
    By the way the 40ma you have mentioned is for the primary side. If you change the transformer you must purchase a transformer that can output at least 40mA*110V VA and 31 volt. On the secondary side
  5. mik3

    Senior Member

    Feb 4, 2008
    Try DigiKey too.