advantage of all DC theorems

sadaf

Joined Aug 4, 2010
can anyone tell me the advantage of mesh current analysis, nodal voltage analysis, superposition theorem, thevivin's theorem, nortan's theorem, maximum power transfer theorem,reciprocity theorem and miliman's theorem in both AC and DC in a proper manner.
I'll search it very much but i am not satisfied...........????????????

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The advantage is that they are all true and they produce useful results. It's kind of an odd question, what kind of answer did you expect?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I agree with papabravo. Each of the techniques you have listed, when correctly applied, yield the same results for all circuits.

A well-rounded electrical engineer and technician should take the time to become proficient in each of the methods. In so doing they gain important insight into the circuit analysis process.

Often an engineer or technician will find that one or two of the techniques are preferred. Once they leave academia, they can then use the technique with which they are most comfortable.

I chose the Millman's technique because I did not enjoy dealing with the linear algebra that came with the KVL, KCL, and the others (except Thevenin's, Superposition, and Norton's). Being a Reverse Polish Notation junky, I enjoyed the simplicity of being able to look at some of the less complex circuits and forming the equation in my head. I could then perform the calculation without the need to keep track of intermediate results.

hgmjr

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Your intent remains unclear. Two of us have written thoughtful responses in proper sentences and still you remain unsatisfied. You simply must express what it is you are after in a way that we can understand and process.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
The techniques and theorems you've given, as all such things in science and technology, allow us to make an estimate of how things will behave in the real world without constructing the actual thing. This helps us get what we want in a more efficient manner. Examples are designing a device to do something we want or to debunk a flatulent statement made by a politician (sorry for the tautology :p).

The real world in its full glory can be more complicated that our tools can predict. However, what we have represents a number of centuries of effort by humans to allow us to predict the behavior of real-world things. If the "system" we're modeling fits the assumptions of the prediction tool, then the predicted behavior matches the real behavior. The art of all this comes in when we want to work on things that are near the limits of our models' predictive abilities or our ability to handle the complexity. This is where numerous years in school and the practice of using these techniques in the real world pay off. So keep studying... :rolleyes:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
They use certain assumptions in Maxwell's Equations to give accurate algebraic formulas when working with one aspect of electronic circuits. (constraints)