Adjusting Vout

tech1

Joined Oct 22, 2012
I started studying electronics quite recently and I am trying to make an analog electronic circuit that will generate the Voltage output described below. I have attached a graph depicting the relation between a random Vin (black curve) and Vout (green curve). Both a and b are positive integers less than Vss, with b>a. Vin is a continuous signal.

For Vin>b , Vout = Vss (e.g. +12 V)
For a<Vin<b , Vout = 0 if Vin rose from a, or Vout = +Vss if it declined from b.
For -a<Vin<a , Vout = 0
For -b<Vin<-a, Vout = 0 if Vin declined from -a and Vout = -Vss if Vout rose from -b.
For Vin<-b , Vout = -Vss

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• 56.7 KB Views: 10

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
You can use LM339.
1. Set the input reference voltage for two comparators, Vref as 2V,4V
2. Two another input pins of the comparators connecting together and to be the input pin for Input signal.
3. Two output connecting together, and pull a 10K resistor to the +12V, if you use +12V to be the Power.
4. Do the same thing as positive side for the input signal of the negtive side.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/stmicroelectronics/2159.pdf

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I started studying electronics quite recently and I am trying to make an analog electronic circuit that will generate the Voltage output described below. I have attached a graph depicting the relation between a random Vin (black curve) and Vout (green curve). Both a and b are positive integers less than Vss, with b>a. Vin is a continuous signal.

For Vin>b , Vout = Vss (e.g. +12 V)
For a<Vin<b , Vout = 0 if Vin rose from a, or Vout = +Vss if it declined from b.
For -a<Vin<a , Vout = 0
For -b<Vin<-a, Vout = 0 if Vin declined from -a and Vout = -Vss if Vout rose from -b.
For Vin<-b , Vout = -Vss

Thanks in advance for any help
Since this is homework, please show your efforts at a solution and we will go from there. Hint, think in terms of two Schmitt trigger comparators.