Address Map Question

kcuk220

Joined Dec 14, 2009
A basic question: how to determine the addresses of each component when I have received a board? So I may complete an address map.

For example, I have bought a development board lately and the provided documents (user's guide, PCB design specifications, datasheet) do not mentioned the addresses at all.

Any your comments will be appreciated!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A basic question: how to determine the addresses of each component when I have received a board? So I may complete an address map.

For example, I have bought a development board lately and the provided documents (user's guide, PCB design specifications, datasheet) do not mentioned the addresses at all.

Any your comments will be appreciated!
There is no general purpose technique that can be applied. It is not like you can ask most chips to identify themselves. If address decoding is done in an obvious way on the board then a schematic might be helpful. If it is done inside a CPLD or an FPGA then you really need the schematic or VHDL listing for the CPLD or FPGA. Without more information the only thing that is certain is that helping you is going to be difficult.