Adding a beep to every second.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I think it is better to use circuit 1 on pin 5 of the 4093, as the oscillator will keep running and the gate will pass or block the signal.

Bertus

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Heres how everything will work when connected up as shown,tone generator switched off and on with the run/stop switch......speed of the beeps dependant on setting of speed control for the counter...ALSO....if the enable is taken to the gate after the osc this means the counter will be stopped when the run/stop switch is operated but the tone genny will continuously run without an additional invertor .....

Attachments

Last edited:

06awaism

Joined Feb 2, 2013
Heres how everything will work when connected up as shown,tone generator switched off and on with the run/stop switch......speed of the beeps dependant on setting of speed control for the counter...ALSO....if the enable is taken to the gate after the osc this means the counter will be stopped when the run/stop switch is operated but the tone genny will continuously run without an additional invertor .....
Thanks. So which is the final circuit I should construct so that it stops the counter and beep when the switch is operated. Shall I continue the Beep.pdf circuit you posted on the last page?

06awaism

Joined Feb 2, 2013
post a video when you have built it and its working.....
Hi, here is the link to my video.

The only thing is I am having problems adding a reset switch as shown in the counter schematic in my previous posts. Anyways, IT WORKED. Thanks to all of you guys.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=25swyea&s=6

And here is the final Schematic:

The SW1 Reset switch located by the counter is what I am having trouble with. It does not reset. Any alternative methods?

Attachments

Last edited:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
About the reset that you just go back to take a look what I done for you.

One thing is very strange that why you used two tone generators?

Now you had two tone generators and they connected together, the one is NE555, and the other is CD4093, actually you just need any one of them.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
hes used just the one as per the schematic i uploaded for him earlier,the problem has been sorted regarding the gating and the connections for his tone gen,he should be using 2 gates to provide his clk for the 4026 and the remaining 2 for the tone genny on page 4....Ive uploaded it again....
the 4026 requires a hi going reset so try this simple circuit -no switch needed

Attachments

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
I don't know the details of the reset method of the 4026; you should look at the datasheet for details. But in general, a reset circuit consists of a pull-up resistor to Vcc and a switch to ground with the junction of the resistor/switch connected to the reset pin. In some cases, it is the reverse, i.e., a pull-down resistor to ground and a switch to Vcc with the junction of the resistor/switch connected to the reset pin.
if you add a capacitor ,one side to supply the other side to pin 15,with a resistor from pin 15 to ground you get a hi going reset every time and it should display 0-0 on your display
have seen your video and its working well-once you add the extra 2 components for your reset you will be sorted