Active members Have Move To New thing

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There has been very little activity on electronic chat from
some of the regular members this week. I guess they like the new
forum talk deal.I've not heard anything from the Moderator's on the subject,If this is a good thing for the forum In the long run.The
guest keep coming that may be enough to keep things going.

I like the comfort of signing in and having every one together.
I guess the young guys take things where they want to go,
you know the 24 -35 buying power that make the world turn.
I guess you have to go along with the flow,or get left behind.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I've only been in the "live chat" room once for about 30 seconds, just to see what it looked like.

I don't plan on spending any time there.

If I want to "live chat", my wife is in the next room, and my best buddy lives right down the street.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The live chat is a very difficult way to get anything done. Its fine if it is private.. Just you and the person you are talking to.. But if there is more people, it gets all confused. Especially if there is a large educational gap between each person.

You find yourself explaining a design to one person when another jumps in to say Whats DC?

Now in a forum layout, that is fine.. But when you are in the middle of a real-time conversation, you have to juggle many people real-time.

I do like the real-time one on one option. It would be a nice addition to the friend system here. If you found yourself on-line at the same time as someone else that you were volleying posts with, it would be efficient.

It, however, undermines the archiving and mass teaching purpose to the forum.

If it were entertainment based, it would be fine. But too many people in one room shouting over one another..jeesh... and everyone NEEDS HELP URGENTLY.. MY TEST IS IN AN HOUR! CAN YOU GIVE ME A CIRCUIT FOR A SELF CORRECTING SATELLITE NAVIGATION SYSTEM? I NEED IT NOW! Lord help us..

But if you wanna talk about chicks, and beer and the such.. telling jokes and blowing off steam.. Its a good outlet.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for your reply Sarge, Its a message that members who want good help
know where to go. I like to keep In contact,but It will be here.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
My,friends stay here most of the time,to much trash Is not good for you,get rid of the steam.Don't miss your curfew,we all have one no matter who we are,you can run but you can't hid from the mirrow,the Image you want to keep.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
My,friends stay here most of the time,to much trash Is not good for you,get rid of the steam.Don't miss your curfew,we all have one no matter who we are,you can run but you can't hid from the mirrow,the Image you want to keep.
I always thought taking LSD while depressed was a bad idea.
And doing so while posting to AAC is even worse. ;)

But, I have to agree loosewire. Earlier in life I had the same urge to have as many people around me as possible for instant feedback of what I was doing right or wrong.. Now-a-days people are locked to their PCs rather than bars or parks or even the front yard, and still want that imediate response and brotherhood that reading a post, opposed to reading a line in a chat, can't replace.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Ok,you guys want to have fun,some one volunteer a Phone number on
my pm,you can really trust me with It .

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I think loosewire is going out on the town and wants to give a play-by-play to someone on the telephone who can type fast to keep a thread updated.. I think we should start a paypal donate button for his bail..