Aceleration of a step

brunounreal

Joined Apr 23, 2010
hi, i'm trying to design a pedometer but i need to know how to calculate the maximum acceleration that the accelerometer have to sense. could someone please help me ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Why not build a prototype and then measure it?

A part like this is less than $10, so I assume you are doing it as an educational project.

brunounreal

Joined Apr 23, 2010
yes, its part of a project. but the teacher asked for the specifications of the project. we have to calculate the maximum acceleration that the sensor need to sense to choose the most apropriated accelerometer to the project. so we are trying to calculate but we are not any good at physics xD
i've already made a research and think its about 2/3g but i need some to suport that information.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Experimental evidence should be valid. You build it, measure it, record it, then you have the facts to present. Calculations are well and good, but experimental evidence trumps calculations.

Of course, I don't know your teacher, so I could be wrong.

brunounreal

Joined Apr 23, 2010
i agree with you! unfortunately my teacher doesn't! so we're in trouble if we just present the results without the theoretical background!

brunounreal

Joined Apr 23, 2010
i've already seen that. but i was trying to somehow calculate something near that value. but i dont really know how ... probably will refer that document to justify the values! thanks ;)