AC to DC Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanz

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi All,
I am stuck in designing a circuit. I have a musical control channel. Whose output is 220VAC, and it has two channels. I am trying to build a circuit which first convert the output of both the channels in to a DC. But the output for each channel should not exceed from 10V, and it should be a variable one. So that I can select any output voltage. Now it's only the conversion. Now I am also trying to build a circuit that will work in such a manner that if for example from one channel I took 3VDC output and from the other I took 7VDC output. Now when the 3V is on and 7V is off. I got only 3V. Now if 7V is on and 3V output is Off. The output is only 7V. Now if both the input are ON. Then the output should be 10V. That is the addition of both the values. Now here can I use an op-amp? if Yes how?

Now I have a transfer that is converting the 220V AC to 24VAC. But there is another problem I can use only one channel. Because It has only one input to the transfer which will be given from one channel. Is it possible to to use this one transfer to operate for both the channels. If yes how?

Thanks in advance

khanz

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi,
It's simple. I want that the output of the both the channels of the musical control are first converted to DC in such a way that one channel output is 3V and the other one output is 7V. Now using these DC signals I am going to operate a VFD. Now their is only one input in the VFD. But for that the input should be either 3V or 7V or the combination of both. It means that both channels have output in DC. But there must be a circuit which have only one output and whose function is the selection of input. i.e. if 3v channel is on and 7v channel is off. The input to the VFD is only 3v, if 7V channel is on and 3v is off the input to the vfd is 7v, and if both 3v and 7v channels are on the input to the vfd is 10v. if still there is any confusion. Ask me i will post a logic diagram.

khanz

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi,
Just a rough drawing I have made. I hope that you people will understand, and help in solving this problem.

Thanks

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It would be very helpful to have good documentation about this circuit. It is a bit mind-boggling to imagine what is going on. For instance, the more common meaning of VFD is "variable-frequency drive", and the application is speed control of an AC induction motor. This does not seem to have much to do with "a musical control channel".

There is a certain conflict in the requirement of the DC output being "it should be a variable one. So that I can select any output voltage", and the later statement that the output levels are to be 3 VDC, 7VDC, or 10 VDC.

I have to agree with rwmoekoe, the information as presented is confusing.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I am also confused by this thread.

My impression is that Khanz may be Russian, and using language translation software.

Many years ago, an English-Russian-English translator was written and tested.

The phrase: "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." was entered, translated to Russian and back by the computer, and printed out.

It came back as: "The wine is agreeable, but the meat has spoiled."

I really don't know how much success we're going to have in communicating with Khanz, as I know absolutely nothing about that language.

khanz

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi all,
First of all sorry for the confusion. The VFD means a Variable Frequency Drive. Second. I need a variable output from the circuit. But for now I will use only 3V / 7V or 10VDC because later on if I need to change the output the only thing is to change the output resistance. So Please don't think about the variable one. Only concentrate on 3V / 7V or 10VDC. What other thing you might think that it seems to be confusing.

khanz

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hi all,
Sorry if you people still found any confusion. I am placing here now the exact problem. As I made it with full care. Please look at this diagram. And help me out to solve this problem. Please don't look at the other question. I think if you will look at this logic diagram. I think you will better understand my problem.

Thanks

Attachments

Sir,.. i too need to convert the source of 230v AC into 5V with 1A DC for giving it into DC LED strip as a lamp load.
so,..give me aptable design for making the circuit with required specifications of resistors, capacitors, transformers and others needed components to
build the circuit.
reply soon sir.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response in a thread that did almost a decade ago.

You would almost certainly be better served by starting your own thread.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Sir,.. i too need to convert the source of 230v AC into 5V with 1A DC for giving it into DC LED strip as a lamp load.
so,..give me aptable design for making the circuit with required specifications of resistors, capacitors, transformers and others needed components to
build the circuit.
reply soon sir.
I swear that people have lost the fine art of doing a search. Took me longer to find this than search of it "sir".

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...w=switching+power+supply+240vac+5VDC&_sacat=0

Status
Not open for further replies.