AC behavior?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
What more needs to be said?
Hello,

Did you read my last post, I mean second to my last post? If you read it, sure you won't ask me like that question. I guess...

I told you enough...

I don't know why all of you (not all, but most) are replying in that way... Is that about in a thread or just own pleasure to scold me?????

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Nope, but you are missing the details in the answers I suspect. The answers are there.

There is no such thing as infinite. Never.

So when you use that word we assume "very big". A car battery has enough power to make a wrench shorting the terminals glow red. The battery will then explode and spray acid over everything. How much power do you need? Everything has limits.

Typically you can use a car battery for 50-200 Amps. This is extremely dangerous if done outside a car, and the car battery can only do it long enough to start a car, then it needs to be recharged by the car. This is all pretty much automatic in a car.

If you are using it outside a car you still need to keep it recharged, or it will die quickly.

Even house current, which we strongly discourage being played with by beginners, is only rated for 15A in the USA. It isn't infinite, and they charge money for every amp/hour used. Big power supplies can be expensive and hard to build. My current working power supply is variable between 0-15VDC at 0-3A. I have another I having hooked up yet at 24VDC at 6.5A.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello Bill_Marsden,

I like your answer. It's pretty understandable for begginer like me. :)

I only need a power of a 12 volts which will operate lights and so on. No no, I of course, I will recharge it after it discharged. But I want the voltage accross in every devices is stable 12 volts... :)

I mean for example, I had 20 lights and I connected it in a parallel connection, all lights are receiving a stable 12 volts. :)

Anyway, I want the battery, if it will became less than 12 volts, it will automatically discharged...

Is there any battery or power supply like that???

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I guess you mean recharged.
If you wanted a device that is at all times connected to the battery and recharges it when it gets discharged, what is the point of having a battery? You could just use a 12V power supply.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I mean for example, I had 20 lights and I connected it in a parallel connection, all lights are receiving a stable 12 volts.
Is there any battery or power supply like that???
We've said it many times: The answer is simply, NO.

There are many ways to design around this fact, such as voltage regulators, but the fact remains. The only simple solution is to have a battery big enough to make the change in voltage small enough that it isn't a problem.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A better can be given if you tell us how many amperes you want. This sets a limit. A simple power supply circuit can be stable (can be designed to be stable) for a set current. This is what a voltage regulator does, it keeps the number of volts right on.

A rule of thumb (if you don't understand this expression please say so), design for double what you need. If your lighting is drawing 0.5 amps you need a power supply rated for 1 amps. This is because the parts will last longer. Even in electronics parts wear out, it can take a very long time though.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I read. Is that about on the power supply? 12 v??? :D :D :D

Thanks a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! :p

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I'm sorry, I posted twice...

May I ask if it is simple as battery? Or needed a lot of things??? I just want like a battery but had stable 12 volts.........................................

Thanks!!!