about two axes of sun tracker without microcontroller

choura

Joined Aug 15, 2012
please,

if some one give me enough explain about this schematic also what does all resistors of the schematic
because i need this explaining in my project (I'm little English student)

Attachments

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
In general terms, the circuit consists of two subcircuits, each of which compares the amount of light falling on a pair of LDRs. One subcircuit is for vertical orientation and the other is for horizontal orientation. Whichever LDR in the pair is receiving the most light causes the motor controllers to move the controlled device (solar panel, probably) in the direction of that LDR. The result of this is that the controlled device is continually adjusted to keep it facing the light source (the sun, probably.)

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
So, just to be clear here, you found a circuit on the internet, want us to explain how it works, you will then present the analysis as your own work on submission of the project?

Did I get that right?

On a side note, there's nothing wrong with being short;)

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
It is a very simple circuit, google comparator and you should be esaily able to understand what it does. Also the thing would look much nicer if you redraw the power supply to simple ground and vcc symbols instead of those loong ugly criscrossing lines everywhere.

Anyway, why are there those diodes on the outputs of the comparators? I don´t see any reason to put them in there.

choura

Joined Aug 15, 2012
my friend tshuck i understand very will but the problem with my english is very bad
i can explain it in Arabic but english i can't also i used the translation program and google translation but not clearly to except .

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
my friend tshuck i understand very will but the problem with my english is very bad
i can explain it in Arabic but english i can't also i used the translation program and google translation but not clearly to except .
So you understand the concepts, but don't know the English equivalent for the terms. Why are you being asked to present something you understand in a language you don't?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Why? If the purpose is to show that you undestand English well enough to explain the circuit in English, then I would say that the evidence is pretty strong that you don't. So having someone else explain it in English so that you can parrot it is the same as parroting someone's explanation of a circuit you don't understand.

So, how about taking your best shot at explaining the circuit in English and we will point out where your English skills are falling short and how you might rephrase this part or that part.