about the AUDIO TURNTABLE MOTOR MMI-6T2RWK0 and Record player

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
I got a free offered Record player which is not turning, it used a AUDIO TURNTABLE MOTOR MMI-6T2RWK0 that is a 9/12 VDC stepper motor that doesn't turn when power on.
How can check out if its the motor or driver circuit bad?
Thanks
Adam
pt3.pngpt4.pngpt2.JPGpt1.JPG

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The label on the motor tells me that it is not a stepper motor, which is good because a stepper motor would be a poor choice for a record player. It looks like there is a speed control circuit as part of the motor assembly , but you give no view of it in the pictures. So the very first thing to do is carefully measure the voltage applied when the motor is supposed to be running. What I think I see is a motor with an external connection for setting the speed. Then the next step would be to see if the adjustment control for the motor speed is correct.
Also, in the one picture of the wires, it looks like the one black wire is not connected to the terminal. THAT would cause a problem.
It may also be that the system is complex and certain settings must be done before the motor will run. From the pictures we have all we can say is that the motor does not appear to be physically broken.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
The label on the motor tells me that it is not a stepper motor, which is good because a stepper motor would be a poor choice for a record player. It looks like there is a speed control circuit as part of the motor assembly , but you give no view of it in the pictures. So the very first thing to do is carefully measure the voltage applied when the motor is supposed to be running. What I think I see is a motor with an external connection for setting the speed. Then the next step would be to see if the adjustment control for the motor speed is correct.
Also, in the one picture of the wires, it looks like the one black wire is not connected to the terminal. THAT would cause a problem.
It may also be that the system is complex and certain settings must be done before the motor will run. From the pictures we have all we can say is that the motor does not appear to be physically broken.
Thanks.

Its a good news if it is not a stepper motor, I saw so many wires at first eye I misunderstood its a stepper motor.
There is no driver for the motor, every thing on the PCB as picture shown, the pot located at left bottom of the picture 4, control the ON/OFF and volume.
o Vdc measured from the PCB output to motor, and the motor is OK tested by a 6Vdc to the Black(GND) and Red (+).

added: I found the problem, there is a reed switch like the picture attached, that should close when the arm phonograph pin put on the disk squeeze by the two white batches, but it is not close now, I don't know the reason yet, guess missed some parts?

Best.

pt5.JPGpt6.JPG

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That switch is probably to turn off the power when no record is being played. That will make the motor last longer, and if there is a battery power option it will save the battery.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
That switch is probably to turn off the power when no record is being played. That will make the motor last longer, and if there is a battery power option it will save the battery.
Yes, kind of.
but I can't make it contact now, seems there is a part between the long and short fingers?
I guess I may use a limit switch instead of.
Best

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If tghere is no need to switch off the motor then you could bypass the switch. If you always switch off the record player when not playing records there is not much need for it, is there?

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
If tghere is no need to switch off the motor then you could bypass the switch. If you always switch off the record player when not playing records there is not much need for it, is there?
Thanks.
That is for switch off the motor when the disk player goes to the end. I don't know if it is necessary?
Best

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Are there any other connectors on the box? Is it working now?
Recording requires an audio output connector that may not be present on this player.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Connect the recording source to the Volume control terminals (outer two) this is where the Phono or Din sockets are, it's a constant Volume.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Are there any other connectors on the box? Is it working now?
Recording requires an audio output connector that may not be present on this player.
Thanks.
there are two speakers connected respectively to Black/Yellow, and Black/Orange of the bottom right of the PCB (picture 3). guess its left channel and right channel?
Can I hook the wires to audio jack like this:

audio jack.JPG

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Thanks.
I checked the pot for the Volume, as the PCB picture top left one, there are many wires, not easy to wiring it.
I may get a try of this link:
https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/recording-vinyl-into-your-computer-guide#:~:text=Connect your turntable output to,adjust input volume if necessary.

Best.
On the Volume control there are 6 terminals for stereo and two for the on switch, the Ground terminals will be linked together, so the Left and Right channels will be the Outer two terminals, the Middle terminals are the wipers for the amplifier.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
On the Volume control there are 6 terminals for stereo and two for the on switch, the Ground terminals will be linked together, so the Left and Right channels will be the Outer two terminals, the Middle terminals are the wipers for the amplifier.
Thanks.
I connected the L+/R+ based on the below picture to audio jack and input into laptop recorded by Autacity, there are problems:
1. the connected wire made load noise than before;
2. the laptop record Audio distortion a lot, Any solution?
3. is that important to distinguish the left channel and right channel? if yes, how to decide which is which?

pot 6 pin.jpg
Best

Last edited: