About InfraRed Project

ahgan84

Joined Dec 19, 2011
Hi guys,
I've been thinking about a project involving a infrared transmission. I've draw out a circuit picture (attachment) for your better understanding of my thinking.
Can it work? I mean, can the Infrared signal successfully transmitted from outdoor to indoor controller board from a wire/cable?

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
sure it could work, but it might be easier to use a piece of fiberoptic cable from the first transmitter to the last receiver.

ahgan84

Joined Dec 19, 2011
sure it could work, but it might be easier to use a piece of fiberoptic cable from the first transmitter to the last receiver.
You mean the wire I have to use a fiberoptic cable? Is there any fibreoptic cable that can transmit infrared? Could you recommend? Please advice..

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I mean like this:

As far as the type of cable, I'm 90% sure that any fiberoptic cable will work (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) and no, I can't really make a recommendation because I've never had to spec fiber, I was always just given it with instructions.

Attachments

ahgan84

Joined Dec 19, 2011
I mean like this:

As far as the type of cable, I'm 90% sure that any fiberoptic cable will work (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) and no, I can't really make a recommendation because I've never had to spec fiber, I was always just given it with instructions.
Does the fibre optic cable need a receiver or transmitter?