ABC linux change langage

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I decided to try and make a cluster from 2 systems, I'm looking at OS in virtual box right now one of OS for clustering is called abc Linux however it is in Spanish or something I don't know much about. I can do some based on similar words, or ones that are the same, or pics. I want to try and make it English, but I looked online some suggest modifying /etc/conf, etc/locale, etc. I can't really do that though because some of the symbols I.E / I need to do that don't work. I also saw something mention appropose, set locale, and some variables, but all these I try I just get "Orden no Encontrada." I have no idea what that means based on how it's showing up i'd guess like bad command.
I think i'm doing something wrong, but no idea how to do. I also tried the GUI, looks like Ubuntu, but I don't see anything that looks like language option.

Any idea how to change it, commands, or what do I use to get to /ETC to change config. or should I just use another OS? I'm fairly new to Linux still.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
update I figured out / in this lang is shift+7. I got into the ETC dir, then default sub dir. I did a VI on the locale conf file, but it wants to open read only. not sure if tis would be something that I have to boot into like a runlevel 3 or something to change, or if VI is just doing that. I have meesed around with it some, but some of the VI commands I remember seem to act odd here. I for insert works then I get warning saying readonly file. q for quit didn't seem to work though seems ctrl z does though.
any ideas how to get into file in edit mode? The file right now says lang=es_es.utf-8 I'm guessing that is Russian English (not sure that is of any help, but thought could be.)

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I think I realized part of issue right now it's running as live CD. I have no idea how to install to disk though since language is different. Not sure possible to do from command install from shell though. I've never heared of that being done in situation like this with GUI type CD. any idea if this can be done? I would guess use DPKG, but not sure.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
Ok kind of what I was wondering, but seemed a lot like Ubuntu so figured most likely changeable. I guess i'll use something else. Probably just delete this one then.
thanks for info.