cw or fm. yet the market is full of
the class c amps. and the majority
is used on am. i asked a simple
question. will a class ab sound better
on am or does it matter. not here 4
a pissin contest. just a answer. thanks tony

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Sorry, couldn't help it. The answer is only as good as the question.
Ask an obtuse question and get an obtuse answer.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
http://www.cbradioclub.com/for-sale/10-amplifiers/921-pride-150-10-thru-80-meter.html thanks take a look at this insideview
and let me know if this is ab biased linear.
Pretty good guess is that it isn't!

Many of these amps aimed a "CBers" are not.
It's not that the people making them are lacking in knowledge--it's more that they don't care!

On a power meter you may see your 100w or whatever,but a lot of that power is not on your frequency.

Instead,it is spread over both the CB band,& adjacent bands,due to combinations of your carrier,& multiples of your modulation frequencies mixing to make an unholy mess.

You will also probably appear at multiples of your channel frequency,on other bands used by other people who won't like it in the least.

Those folks who pointed out that CB amps are illegal were simply pointing out the truth.

How good is your antenna?
The legal output through a better antenna may get you further than 100watts into a lousy one!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Since the original post was full of abbreviations, I thought "cb amp" was a "common base amplifier", not a "CB radio transmitter".

I also thought that "am useage" was "I am using", not an AM radio transmitter.

Is this how people text on cell phones? Do they know what anybody is talking about?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Sorry you didnt understand the abreviations that explains why you cant answer the question!!!
I always SPELL OUT everything so everybody understands.

But your abbreviations left me guessing.

I have used and seen many common-base (cb) amplifier transistor circuits but I never had a cb radio.

When you said, "am useage" then I did not know your were talking about Amplitude Modulation.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
We generally know what CB and AM means in the context of radio transmission. But never use abbreviations because not everyone may understand your meaning. Always spell out abbreviations the first time you use them unless the context is obvious.

In this case your context was not obvious.