A way to find total resistance when no resistors are in series or parallel

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
o_O why you need ripple stats. ?

i did a local weather trends for couple of years -- only to find out that the local meteorological department can not convert TIME properly from UTC to local daylight saving one -- the time (registered by automated stations) was adjusted later (in data server) so parts of the stream had gaps or overlapping -- even up to several days
?? why to provide a data at public server for what the exact time can't be uniquely determined (a state or EU money ... who cares :confused:)
Wrong thread?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
o_O why you need ripple stats. ?

i did a local weather trends for couple of years -- only to find out that the local meteorological department can not convert TIME properly from UTC to local daylight saving one -- the time (registered by automated stations) was adjusted later (in data server) so parts of the stream had gaps or overlapping -- even up to several days
?? why to provide a data at public server for what the exact time can't be uniquely determined (a state or EU money ... who cares :confused:)
Hello again,

Oh i did mention ripple here too but see the other thread.

Theoretical studies are different than practical measurements unless we care to include those effects in the study as well.
For example, in a certain circuit a resistor value may be 10 Ohms, and in theory we take it to be exact. Also in theory though we may wish to vary the value to find out the possible detrimental effects to the circuit, or even dither the value for some reason.
The theoretical results are perfect, and are not supposed to be taken as real life data, but still tell us what to expect with certain parameters.
It's like having a perfect ruler to measure short distances, we can see how long one foot is or one meter is, and that tells us what to expect with some distance like that. When we hold it up to some object though we immediately loose accuracy, but we dont care because that was not the whole intent. The intent was to have a standard to judge other distances by or just to get a feel for what 1 meter looks like.