a valve suggestion needed..

gurupush

Joined Mar 21, 2014
ok i want to create a project in which i want to pass certain powder though a metal way by vibrating it,,now i want to pass that powder and when i have suffient powder i want to close the droping of powder for certain time..then again it should continue the cycle...so for this my logic was to use a load cell..and from the output of that load cell i want to drive a valve that can open and close by vlt(say 5v) ..so i created a simulation in which a variable resistor in wheatstones brige acts like a load cell and the output of load wheatstones brigded are buffered and passed though diffenrtial ampflr and finally though a amplifier with reqired gain..........and the output of this ckt will trigger a switch(through relay) ..n this switch i cooonected to trigger of monostable multivibrator(saw on this site) ..now everthing is working in simulation...the thing is i dont know which valve to use...please suggst any options that are simple.any valve or mechanical switch or any actuator..and is there any load cell that can sense 100gm ,,200gm? ...i am attaching the imagaes of simulator here plz suggest if theres anything wrong yet?

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Looks like you need two devices a vibrator and a load cell, vibrators are are often constructed from a simple coil supplied by 50hz or 60hz voltage, for experimentation a coil from a contactor with a metal plate and adjust the voltage in order that there is not total attraction and the current is sufficiently low.
An off the shelf small load cell would register a weight at which point you turn off the vibration.
Max.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
you might try a powder measure, yo didnt say how much powder you want to drop, a Lyman powder measure has an adjustable volume, and could be operated with a solenoid or small servo.

gurupush

Joined Mar 21, 2014
@max

thanks for your reply,but what is your opinion about the valve ??

@wayneh
thats a great idea ,,i will definitely try :)

@alfacliff

but i want to build inexpensive they all cost too high for me..can you suggest any other method ?