A springtime poetry by Spinnaker

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This one might require a little explanation for our non-American friends.

First there is Punxsutawney Phil , the official spring time weather prognosticator for the US an from my home state of Pennsylvania. Each year on Ground Hog Day in February, he predicts if there is going to be an early spring. This year he could have not been more wrong as anyone from the north east states can tell you. There is another heavy snowfall predicted for Sunday / Monday and it is almost April.

Fans of Saturday Night Live might remember Eddie Murphy's character Tyrone Green. This poem is in spirit of that character's poem "Kill my l landlord".

Now for the poem:

He scurry here, he scurry there.
He run around, he sniff the air.
Kill the groundhog! Kill the
groundhog!
He predict an early spring, but all that happen more winter bring.
Kill the groundhog! Kill the groundhog!

Spinnaker.

Oh and Phil has been indicted, Butler County, Ohio is seeking the death penalty.

Last edited:

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Very entertaining !

Up here in the 'frozen tundra' I think we've given up on seeing green grass
anytime soon.

I just walked out the back door with a yardstick...
The snow is 11.5 inches deep in the lowest spot, drifted areas are 15 - 16 inches deep. (even surprised me). Usually, by late March, we are starting to clean up the lawn..getting ready for spring. And the night-time temperature is not in single digits. :confused:

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Very entertaining !

Up here in the 'frozen tundra' I think we've given up on seeing green grass
anytime soon.

I just walked out the back door with a yardstick...
The snow is 11.5 inches deep in the lowest spot, drifted areas are 15 - 16 inches deep. (even surprised me). Usually, by late March, we are starting to clean up the lawn..getting ready for spring. And the night-time temperature is not in single digits. :confused:

Our forecast for Northern Indiana, says we can expect 4-6 inches by Sunday evening/Monday morning. The lilacs have already started budding out.

Last year, we lost our fruit crops because of a snap hard freeze.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
What's snow?

When it gets really cold here in the middle of winter, people have to put shoes on (and shirts) before walking around outside. That's how we know it's winter. Sometimes we even have to shut the house windows!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It's still snowing in Utah, I have about 2 inches on the ground.

I've always get a kick out of the GroundHog Day film.

Bill Murray "funny"=)

Last edited: