A simple way to shift TTL signal by 45 degrees?

Peter Pan

Joined Mar 24, 2005
Hello,

In digital circuits there is a simple way to shift a signal by 180 degree by passing it through invertor and I wonder if there any (perhaps a bit more complex) way to shift such signal by 45 degrees?

Thank you.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello Vladimir,

Long time no see.
Welcome back.

For 45 degrees you can multiply the frequency with 8 and decode the wanted signals.
The multiplication can be done using a PLL.

Greetings,
Bertus

Peter Pan

Joined Mar 24, 2005
Hello Vladimir,

Long time no see.
Welcome back.

For 45 degrees you can multiply the frequency with 8 and decode the wanted signals.
The multiplication can be done using a PLL.

Greetings,
Bertus
Hello Bertus,

Thank you. I really was off for a while but glad to be back and hear from you! It helps. :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You can also turn the signal into a triangle wave with a integrator (which moves it 90°), then feed it to a comparator. Its not TTL, but it can feed TTL. It is definitely analog, but simple.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
If it's a signal based on a regular clock interval (like a serial data stream), you can feed it in to a shift register that is clocked at a much higher frequency.

The various stages of the shift register will have progressively larger phase delays compared to the input signal.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
You can also turn the signal into a triangle wave with a integrator (which moves it 90°), then feed it to a comparator. Its not TTL, but it can feed TTL. It is definitely analog, but simple.
Unnhhh, I think that's going to yield 90 degrees phase shift, not 45.