a question

son_of_sudan

Joined May 6, 2009
hi everr1...

i have a question about ma project... our lecturer asked us to build up a hardware and a software for a security system with a remote monitoring capabilities using a 68k microprocessor.
the thing is that i want to add extra feature, a stop time watch, to check how long will it take the security to solve the breaking in. the problem i faced is that i already used port A for inputs (switches) and port B for outputs (LEDs). sm1 told me that i can connect the 7 segment display to port C. but i dont know how to initialize it.... our lecturer said that he is not goin to help us in anything. he want us to completly depend on ourselves.
ur help is really appreciated

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I disagree. Reading a manual appears to be entirely within the bounds of depending on yourself. If "sos" has run out of ideas this early maybe he should consider alternative pursuits.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is no sarcasm here. I am just interpreting the words that you wrote. How you assign pins on a processor to I/O functions is largely irrelevant because you usually do that before you write the code and not the other way around.

You are in school and have an assignment and a specific requirement from your instructor. Now rather than follow the instructions that you were given, it seems that you feel it is appropriate to ask us to do your work for you. You have given no indication that you have tried to solve this problem on your own or how far you have progressed. You've provided no pictures or diagrams that might be helpful.

It is not atypical for students from a culture unfamiliar with individual effort and responsibility to deal with that reality when they encounter it in the University. Unfortuneatly the professors and instructors are unable to enforce the standards that they would like to be able to and this is the result.