A online physics and math organized teacher. I will pay

AcousticBruce

Joined Nov 17, 2008
I am looking for someone to help me learn trigonometry, calculus and physics. I know bits and pieces from self-study. I want to get really good.

What this is is not sitting on the phone or computer and tutoring me. I am looking for someone that can put lesson plans together for me and guide me through the study of each subject. Probably it would be good to first have a phone call so you can see where I am at as far as knowledge and drive goes. After this first initial call, you would start by giving me homework and practical uses maybe show me a circuit that uses it or just some reading on it. Whatever you feel is relevant really.

I would prefer someone who is methodical in their thinking and pretty organized and very good at these subjects.

My ultimate goal is to understand electronics and the universe much better. If you are a fan of Tesla, that is even better.

This would go on weekly and we probably would not talk much about theory. I would learn it all by self study and books and videos. If I really have a question after that, I might ask you. So your time would go in to planning my curriculum. That is it!

Is there anyone that is interested, again this is NOT tutoring, more of a methodical, organizer of subjects that, you as the teach, understand immensely.

What do you folks think of this? Please PM and we can talk money.

zulc

Joined Nov 22, 2012
I do not think you are very clear about what you want to learn.
Do you want to get started with electronics and need basic math like differential equations?
Or are you already into electronics and want to obtain more knowledge about maxwell's equations and fourrier/laplace-transforms etc?

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"I am looking for someone to help me learn trigonometry, calculus and physics."

You could do like I did.

Study like a crazy person.:D

Wish I could remember, all that I once knew about those subjects.

Don't know much about Calculus, but I taught myself Physics and Trigonometry.

But, there are NO experts who know it all.

The great ones, are those who know how/where to find that information, though.

Mr Chips often links to edupedia (I forget what its called), masses of info in there on all kinds of stuff! your better sorting your own curriculum and getting others to mark it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have to go with Brownout. There are people that have made up lists of what to do, what order to do it, and are at the top of their game in teaching. They work at the colleges. You can have one for each course in each subject, and they will cost you less than any one person that could do all of those subjects at college level quality.

California was great when I was there. Two year "Community Colleges" only cost you the price of the books and you can spend as many years there as you want.

Most remarkable part: I took 2 night classes for my first semester and met a person that was graduating after she finished that first semester algebra course. She graduated and I continued for 3 more years. She was there for the "degree" and I was there for the education. You can do that, too.