A newbie needs help!!!

edaferigho

Joined May 15, 2014
Greetings from nigeria,

pls friends am a newbie to electronics, and i have been reading about it for quit some time now.
But i dont seem to understand how those components(resistors, transistors e.t.c) are arranged to achieve a goal
take this attachment for example
pls kindly explain to me if possible recommend good books for me to study.
Thanks,

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Are you saying that you understand the individual components, but not how to design a circuit? Designing a new circuit is a little like making up new words. It's much easier to look up in the dictionary the words that are already used by other people. I mean, you find a circuit that has already been proven and modify it as needed.

There are many good resources on this site (see the tabs at the top of the page). I'd avoid sites that just collect circuits but offer no teaching. There are many bad circuits out there. You want knowledge, not just "the answer".

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
That circuit doesn't seem to be very well drawn, pick something simpler and work from there. Is it a siren that you want to build - google transistor siren circuit there are plenty that are simpler and easier to understand. Also google RC oscillator (Resistor Capacitor oscillator).

Also answer wayneh's question - is it individual components or the overall design you don't understand?

edaferigho

Joined May 15, 2014
thanks srch2,

yes wayneh, I understand individual components but the circuits and the duty of each component in a circuit, thats just my trouble