A date with a model in the dim

athenagreek

Joined Jun 28, 2011
Lights, camera, shoot! Top models where all over my shop for their cover shoot. wow! you've got to see all this beautiful ladies. As i was busy working, a pop out sound just came out and all of a sudden everything became black. So here I am wondering what happen but wait! someone is hugging me whew I sweat profusely. What the hell happened? Is there any specifications on electrical load before any commercial establishment is opened? I got all this led lights, cameras, fans, air conditioner and every photo shop gadgets on the plug. I think its electrical overload. And that girl hugging me, well I got a date with her not only once but she's my constant date now. Thanks to the overload but no thanks to it if it always happened, I might end up closing my shop.
Guys do you know any specifications on how much load does a commercial photoshop like mine needs? Please post your replies here, I will be waiting.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Every device you have has a watts rating. You need to look them all up, then add them all up, especially on a outlet by outlet basis. I don't know the standards in your country, but I suspect it is 220VAC 10A. Maybe someone else can enlighten me?

Anyhow, 220VAC at 10A is 2,200W total. Your total load should be just over half of that.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
The only valid answer to your question based on the information you've given, or omitted, is thousands of Watts. You can add the wattage ratings from the labels or manuals for all of your equipment to determine the maximum load in Watts. Each of the circuit breakers or fuses in your shop can handle ≈2000W. You either need more circuits (breakers or fuses) or you need to distribute the load more evenly on the existing circuits. Hire an electrician before your building burns down...and send your models over here. I'm a semi-professional photographer. :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
What KJ6EAD said. Pay attention to the sum of the amperage of the appliances that are connected to each breaker-fuse. Usually household fuses don't exceed 32A for power-hungry devices, such as an electric stove, and 10A for the rest of the plug networks. You can check the ratings on your circuit board, but you should know which fuse covers which outlets.

However, other things might go wrong. Periodically, in my house the main RCD (relay breaker) will fall in short periods of time. I suspect that it could be due to power network overvoltages or potential leaks on my home wiring.
Just things to concider if your wattages add up to be ok.