A college student needs some comments about how to start to learn robotic

wee1104

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I am a college student. i needs some comments about how to start to learn robotic? Hope you all can help me. thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Google returns 27,000,000 hits on "robotics". It is a very broad field. Perhaps you could do some thinking about a narrower aspect of it an look for more focused answers.

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
Robotics is a huge multidisciplinary field, which is definitely hard to sum up in one thread. What aspect were you most interested in?

ie., translating degrees of freedom, selecting motors, moving mechanisms, electrical controls, programming?

Steve

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Take a look at some of the kits that are available here.

I would suggest that you may want to choose an inexpensive and simple kit and build one to see what is involved. Then you can decide whether you want to take it up a notch and design your own robot based off the kit or if you are comfortable with it you can start from scratch and design your own.

While not all robots are microcontroller based, You will find that the more sophisticated the robot the more likely it is to be microcontroller based.

A couple of popular microcontrollers are the PIC and AVR. You may want to do some investigating to see which one you want to learn.

hgmjr

wee1104

Joined Apr 3, 2008
thanks for the share. i will try to find materials and do it as soon as possible. if who have any information please infrom me. thanks