A 12vdc input circuit that makes any where from 2 to 100v

zapjos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
I am look for a circuit that can tack 12vdc and make into 1-150v dc. If any one has any circuit that will help me that would be great.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What will be the use of this higher voltage?
What current is needed at this higher voltage?

You have been asking this before, but we will not assist for HHO.

Bertus

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
At the higher voltage, I only needs 4-5amps.

That is ok!
*Only* 4-5 amps?

At 150V that's over 750W! That's a lot of power to convert. On the 12V side, you will be pulling at least 62.5 amps; include another 10-20% for losses in the conversion. That could be 75 amps from 12V, where will you find the supply for this? You need power MOSFETs, high current transformers and high current rectifiers, plus a great deal of thermal management.

zapjos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
Well, It will not be that much. It would be nice to have it go up that high. But I went it to do at least 60v and 2 amps.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Having such a poor ability to know what you want or need suggests to me that you shouldn't be doing this. Guessing makes for very poor performance.

zapjos

Joined Sep 10, 2011
I need a circuit that will take 12vdc(from a car battery) and make it into a higher voltage. I want to be able to adjust the volt any were from 1 to 60v. The power of that will go into a pwm.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I need a circuit that will take 12vdc(from a car battery) and make it into a higher voltage. I want to be able to adjust the volt any were from 1 to 60v. The power of that will go into a pwm.
A car battery is more like 11V - 14.4V, not 12V. In fact 12V would be a very flat battery.

You are still asking to convert up to 120W of continuous power which is way too much power for a simple project. It requires a good deal of experience with switching power supplies. You will have to wind your own transformer/inductor and design your own PCB for these components, unless you can find a ready-made solution.

You would probably need either a SEPIC or Flyback topology.

You don't feed the "power" into a "pwm". Pulse width modulation would be unnecessary if you are changing the voltage (50% PWM at 60V = ~30V), unless your load specifically is sensitive to PWM, which I doubt.

HHO is fun to play with but it is a dead end.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, It will not be that much. It would be nice to have it go up that high. But I went it to do at least 60v and 2 amps.
This works out to 120W.

This means you will pull a minimum of 10A from the 12V side, and reality it will be much more. I don't think of 10A as small myself, and 120W is quite a bit of power.

As for PWM, it is a method to modulate power, not voltage, though it can be used for such.

AC/DC Inverters

Pulse Width Modulation

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
You guys do know that you are helping him make a PWM drive circuit for an HHO generator, right?? I did not think we help with Hydroxy stuff..... :)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

zapjos, will you make clear what the use of the circuit will be?
If it is for HHO, I will have to close the thread again.

Bertus