9v 10 amp regulated output from atx supply

kschax

Joined Oct 8, 2012
Hi, I am familiar with hacking a 3.3, 5 and 12 v bench supply from an atx supply, but what is the simplest ( money is important, but ease, more so) way to get at least a 10 amp, 9v regulated output?
Have searched this forum as well as the net, i did find one 3-15 v 18 amp hack, but that required modding the innards at ic level, which i am reluctant to do.

damien83

Joined Sep 17, 2015
at2005b-pinouts.jpg
I modified mine to variable, they are easy to do, its only altering a resistor to vary the feedback,
look at my videos,
http://www.youtube.com/user/DodgyDavez

open up the atx and look what IC markings are, ( ie KA7500, LM339, AT2005,) i will see if you can modify it.
Hey there

I joined this forum especially so I could get in contact with you as you seem to be familiar with the at2005b chip which is in my power supply

I would like to perform the same mod as you guys to make my power supply variable.
I have managed to track down a pinout for the at2005b which I will attach.
Just wondering what I need to do please to make this one variable?
Any help would be appreciated =)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi there,you just hijacked an old thread!! yes i have modified the at2005 chip,

Hi here is a diagram how i used to modify the atx to variable, you need to fool the ic to think the sense pins 3,4,5, are ok,
also pin 6 is the over current sense pin, no more than 0.7V or it will shut down,

the variable voltage is on pin 2 you need to isolate it and connect it to your variable pot, which is across the 12v yellows and blacks,
connect the Green wire to any black to make the psu run

IF it works ok,
the output capacitors on the 12v and 5v supply will need to be increased to 35V working or higher as the output will go upto 28v dc on the 12v rail, and the 5 v rail will go upto 12v

Note the videos on youtube no longer work...

Last edited: