89s52 programmer using 89s52

pawankumar

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Hi friends,
I have a development board which can program 89s52 .It contains an 89s52 IC (firmware) i have a problem with it. the kit(firmware+software) works well with hex file obtained from assembly files but does not work with those from C.I use Keil compiler.

I had decided to replace the software and firmware and searched for an adequate amount of time (for the super mods) in google. I find only c51/c2051 based programmers .so, the software isn't compatible.So , please help me out with the firmware (.hex file would be sufficient) and a simple uploader software.Thanks , you are helping a newbie.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
You have an interesting way of attacking your problem -- change the (working) firmware for something from the Internet which may not work at all!

If I had this problem, I would first see if the C compiler was generating a hex file. If not, I'd look at the documentation to find how to get a hex file. I would also make sure the compiler was compiling for the correct 8051 model.

After I had a hex file from the C compiler, I would look at both the ASM hex file and the C hex file to compare their formats. That is, there is a "HEX8" format and a "HEX16" format -- basically different line lengths. If the C hex file line length does not match the ASM hex file line length for most lines, you'll need to go back to the documentation to find out how to generate the proper HEX file type. Just looking at the first page should show you if there is a difference or not.

HTH,
--Rich

pawankumar

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Hey Rich,
Thanks and sorry..I had not come to the forum for a few days.. but the problem still persists.. You are exactly correct with regard to the length mismatch.. I ve seen through the 'options' in Keil. I find only standard hex 80 format.. what do you suggest me to do? use some other compiler ? or any other Idea?