8-12 transmitters to one 8-12 channel receiver. Is this possible?

lilrips1

Joined May 7, 2010
I did quite a bit of searching, but I don't believe I am using the correct keywords. "Rf data transmission source code" "Rf wireless micro controller firmware" and the likes. I found some projects with coding but they are for linking separate rf transmitter and receiver modules. Could you possibly point me in the correct direction as to where I could find a similar project? i.e., one that uses a master transceiver that asks the others for status signals and then outputs them on after another.

My deadline is a couple weeks and I really do not have a budget. As far as the deadline is concerned, I can always use this to accomplish the general task:

http://www.carymart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_66_67&products_id=392

Using the transceivers seems as if it would be cheaper though.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There are hundreds of different microprocessors and compilers for those microprocessors. You will need to have the uC, and the compiler in the search queries.

I guess you are looking for a completed project to emulate?

Try using RF PIC projects. The first result goes to the rentron site I directed you to earlier. They have the whole project, with kits and source codes.

As for the carymart thing, why not? you could easily hack each remote to work for you.

The transceiver route may be a dollar or two cheaper. That 12 remote setup is pretty darn cheap. Just make sure you label the remotes. If you mix them up, your gonna have a time sorting it out.

lilrips1

Joined May 7, 2010
I think I might have to go with the pre-made option. I'll have to discuss that further with my partner. If we decide to do so, I will definitely tackle the other method during the summer.

Thanks for all the great help! :)

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
What is the rate of change in the inputs, or if you want to call it that, what is the bandwidth of the 12 input channels? Also, what are the consequences if data is occasionally lost? If you can tolerate occasional errors and the bandwidth is low, then using some kind of unique code for each transmitter may be enough. You could improve reliability at the expense of response time if you had each transmitter send a data packet at a random time, so that eventually you'd get a packet that arrived at the receiver without a collision. That's workable if the average frequency of each station's transmission isn't very high.

It's probably worth doing some work to avoid having to use two-way data communication.