7 segment led display modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo6gn

Joined Nov 4, 2012
I'm a brand new to all of this led displays and whatnot as of yesterday. Never knew of this mumbo jumbo until I googled a bit and searched and found this forum for some info. Learned a bit and know that for the modification I want I need to match up the pinout in order to just perform a straight swap.

I need to know exactly how to perform a modification to my Scan Master 2.1, you can find this product here.
I saw another member on the www.turbobuick.com forum modify this scan tool for the Buick Grand National. The links to the modification that was done can be found here and here.

What I would like to do is change out the display segments to a different color. The normal stock color is red.... the led segment is this exact one.
Just to be on the safe side it is the model LTS-315AHR.

Preferably I would like to change the LED's to a blue one if it isn't too difficult. Now if it will require a lot of work I can go with a cool white color.

I talked to a techie guy who created a lot of electronic for the car, i.e. a whole new ignition module, told me that there are no blue 7 segment LED's in the same pinout as the ones that are already installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me exactly how I can do this mod.

Thank you for all the responses, if any at all.

turbo6gn

Joined Nov 4, 2012
*edit

I also found a response to a question I asked a different member on the car forum. He mentioned that finding the dimensions of the display would be very difficult. Also the pinout I can match, but can't seem to find any LED's that would match. Probably am not even searching correctly. I would also need to match the polarity and footprints (not sure what that means).

Maybe it would be easier if I could be pointed in the direction to find leds with similar pinout and or polarity and all the details.

Or is it just a plain lost cause?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus