6v DC to 150 AC by a wind mill.

mubarakk

Joined Dec 21, 2010
Need help on my project. Want 150 AC/2 Amp. I have built a wind mill and have connected a 6v DC motor to the shaft. My problem now is how to convert the 6v DC output from the motor to 150 AC @ 2 Amp. I want to use Transistors to do the inverter and amplification. What specification of transistors and transformer can i use? I would like anyone to help me with the circuit diagram too. Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What current output do you get from the DC motor? 2 amps @ 150 volts is 300 watts. The DC motor must be able to supply that much power, plus the quantity lost in the conversion. For 100% efficiency, that would mean the DC motor output would have to be 50 amps.

What output can your motor supply?

mubarakk

Joined Dec 21, 2010
Thanks. Really cant tell the actual current output of the 6v DC motor. Am sure its less than 1Amp. Its the common electric motor found in Radios. I think the current can be amplified with darlington transistor. Pls give me more hint.

JDT

Joined Feb 12, 2009
For 100% efficiency, that would mean the DC motor output would have to be 50 amps.
It will be very difficult to get any kind of reasonable efficiency at 6V. Sorry! Can you find a motor/generator that outputs, say, 24V?

Then for 150W output and a conversion efficiency of 80% you will need 24V at about 7.9A

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Multiply current and volts of the generator together.

Now multiply the volts and current of the output you want.

If those two numbers are not equal then you have a problem.

The smaller of the two numbers MUST be the output you want. (to cope with transfer and transform losses)

If your motor is 6 volts 1 amp then the product is equal to 6

If you want 150 volts output, then you will get whatever current multipled by 150 that gives you an answer of 6.

In this case its about 40 milliamps (with perfect conversion and no other losses)

The generator COULD drive a long series string of LED's(30mA variety). About 45 to 50 LED's in series.

:)