67 years -- wow

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
My beloved aunt just emailed me and mentioned that their 67th wedding anniversary is coming up in a few months. And she turns 90 years old this Saturday. What a couple of milestones!

I asked her to sum up her wisdom and thoughts about happiness in life. Her answer was characteristically brief and pithy:

Be kind to each other.

So simple and profound. Imagine how completely different the world would be if we all lived by this maxim.

She also said a number of years ago at a dinner/floor show my uncle was asked what's the secret to a happy marriage. He said, "Say yes to everything." This of course brought the house down -- but it's also a pretty profound secret, especially if you interpret it in the right way.

rogs

Joined Aug 28, 2009
I remember reading recently of a couple, here in the UK, who were celebrating their 71st wedding anniversary. When asked for the secret of a happy marriage, the husband replied - 'frequent separation and increasing deafness!'

Maybe the guys are a bit more cynical than the gals! :)

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Be kind to each other.
It's hard to beat that one. It sums up so many things in one principle.

Since before I was married, my wife has always said. The secret to a good relationship is being willing to go more than half way on any issue. If both are willing to do this, then life is simple, and happy. When I first heard this, I thought it was a good practical maxim. That is, until the day I decided I would spend my life with her. One day I realized that I cared more for her, than for myself, and what I wanted didn't matter as much as what she wanted. I then saw that her maxim was equivalently the same thing. At that instant, I knew I had just learned something that she knew all along. That was the day I learned the definition of real love.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Happygani,exposture to good things will show in your future post.
You don't have to wait many years,you could say"The Best to you".
Did something good happen to your life this month.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I can swim and dive,free dive no equipment,
I don't your age but you have to start young.
Use a life vest and get use to using your arm and legs
kicking legs and swing arms.red cross has swiming
lessons,let me know how you are doing.

Learn differrence between fun and happiness,beach is fun
happiness is long life and marriage,kids,read the first 2 post
again and think,think of tears. Quit using smiley faces on post
and ha-ha-ha until I tell you ,you are doing better.Think
about the the other person first.

What sea,you can tell us more about you,we will listen.

Last edited:

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
sometimes,those "ha"and faces dont mean I am really happy or feel fun.maybe I just use them to conceal the turth.I dont know why.
even on my way to work , I thought of this thread.and then typed many letters.then I deleted.only left "during the long weekend,I went ......"

these two days I am busy on work.when I'm free ,I will tell you more

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
loosewire...there's another side of you I am really getting to like...
See what I mean when I said you have something unique....you being here makes a lot of difference, enjoyable and joyful.