65C00/3 R1039-12 Hard to find IC

trudore

Joined Mar 14, 2010
I am dealing everyday with new (for me) components and each time I have to find the same part number and eventually to order them. The actual one is like a ghost. I can't find any minimal info about it. It is a DIP40 Ceramic IC, apparently Rockwell made, labeled 65C00/3, R1039-12. I''m not sure which of the two is its real P/N. I've seen that R65C02 controller of Rockwell (with available datasheet) doesn't match with my device at VCC and VSS pins (according to the circuit print, the 5V power is applied at other pins). Maybe someone knows this weird IC???

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It was a member of the 6502 Family originally made by a company named MOS Technology. From the KIM-I board I have a hardware manual that shows the different members of the family. IIRC the 6502 had clock drivers on the chip, so maybe the one you are interested in doesn't have them.

trudore

Joined Mar 14, 2010
Thank you for the promptly answer :). I didn't expect to receive so fast a response of any kind.
My final question is where can I find this old device? I have to replace about 10 like this, on 10 different PCBs.
Thanks to eBay, there is a lot of strange, rare and old stuff that can be purchased, but this one - even in China's stocks I couldn't find. And I'm sure that it must be at some place in this world. Regards to all!