60-degrees potentiometer.

Harald

Joined Nov 14, 2012
:mad:
One way of getting around the 60-degrees potentiometer problem:View attachment 48676
Sorry! My math used a 60 degrees turn to both sides and the Voltages are not correct, as the turns should be only 30 degrees. To get as large as possible voltageswing set the potentiometer to lowest walue where you are still sure not to hit the mechanical stop of the potentiometer when turning fully. During calibration turn less to one side to compensate for the unlinearity. See "newpotmeter60" drawing attached. This works for my
Thrustmaster T16000 joystick.newpotmeter60.JPG

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
My "umm ok" was more about it was your first post and no ties to another post or context about what this is even for (yeah a joystick).. but why did you feel the need to register for this board to post that?

Harald

Joined Nov 14, 2012
Hi mcgyvr
I first contacted Thrustmaster and told them I would like to buy a new z-axis/rudder potentiometer from them. They told me that was not possible.
Then looking around the net for a similar 60-degrees 100k potmeter I saw that many others were asking the same question, but there were no answers. So if my solution could be of help I thought it OK to make it visible.
Thanks for your interrest.

Harald.