556 timer circuit?

hobbyguy48

Joined Dec 1, 2007
I am working on a motion sensor circuit that turns on a camera with a dual556 timer. I use the timer for when motion is detected the first half of the timer charges the camra flash then the second half of the timer triggers the camera. But my problem is when the second half of the timer is running and the motion control picks up motion again while the second half is running its time cycle cancels the second half of the timer and goes back starting the first half. How can i make the 556 timer second half run its full time cycle. In other words can a 556 timer pins be hooked up so that when first time cycle is over and it starts the second the cycle it can finish and the first timer cannot start until the second has finished its timed cycle.

thanks hobbyguy48.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you supply us with a sketch of the circuit you are using so that we can better gauge what might be done to overcome the weakness that you have described?

hgmjr

hobbyguy48

Joined Dec 1, 2007
Here is a attachment of my sketch of the camera project.Some how I need to keep the motion sensor from activating timer one while timer 2 is finishing its cycle. I did a search on the internet and found this circuit with two 555 timers using diodes .I tried it with the 556 and it did not work. I may have to use two 555 timers instead of the dual 556 . I have a link to this circuit of interlocking the 555 timers.http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#9

Attachments