556 Servo controller with On Off Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRumps

Joined Oct 14, 2011
Ok I found this http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200210/servoex/ServoExcerciser.htm and uses a 556 rather than a 555 to control a servo with a pot but I dont know much about electronics. What im looking at building is a number plate flipper for my bike by means of a servo. This circuit works fine but I want to use it on 12V instead of six so i thought of using a 7805/6 to regulate the voltage down to 5V/6V. What i wanna know is should i put the whole circuit through the 7805/6 or only the servos power input? Secondly can it be modified to use an on/off switch to set the position 0degrees off and 90degress on. Proley have to use two pots to get the exact positions for 0 and 90? Can someone please guide me how to do this. I thought of using a relay wit normailly open and normally closed for this purpose?? Also is it simple to be modified to use a RC remote with say two buttons. One for off and one for on to have the option of either having a toggle switch on my bike or a remote to flip it if i forget to flip it down after i turned the bike of with a remote on my key chain. Thanx for the help :)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
You mean bicycle or motorbike? From your post I understand that you mean a motorbike. Is that true?
It will make all the difference.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It makes all the difference.

I don't know if a flipping plate is legal where you live, but automotive topics are not allowed in All About Circuits, as described in our Terms of Service.
Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please understand the reasons behind this decision and feel free to tread in the rest of the forums.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
To the best of my knowledge flipping plates is always illegal, everywhere. It is a form of fraud among other things. It is illegal for all the same reasons as a fake drivers license would be, especially if showing it to a cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.