555 Timer for fuel control with a MPX4250AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00nix

Joined Apr 10, 2010
Hello, apparently i signed up here about a year ago and forgot :)

Any way here is the background of my little project here.

I have a car that uses mechanical fuel injection and i plan on adding a turbo charger. The main bottle neck with the current system is fuel delivery. What i need to do is add a standard electronic fuel injector to the intake manifold that can put more fuel in when needed. I have seen people do similar with a basic pressure switch, but its either on or off. I want to use a Motorola MPX4250AP to measure the manifold pressure and feed the signal to a 555 or similar IC to control the frequency to the fuel injector. Also, a pot is desired to control the duty cycle so it can be tuned in using my air/fuel mixture gauge. As for driving the fuel injector, i have that covered. I have never worked with a 555 and i think this would be a simple little project.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please feel free to chime in. I also have a Launchpad and an Arduiono.

Thanks!
-Josh

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Current Terms of Service:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.