555 mono (restriction on Resistance value)

vinodquilon

Joined Dec 24, 2009
Find the attachment (http://www.scribd.com/doc/27157788) . The purpose of the circuit is to turn on reed relay for 60sec, when
first ring_signal occurs. For that I have to use C= 100 uF & R= 560 K. But somewhere I have
read, in the design of 555 mono take R= 10 K to limit current through the internal transistor
to 1 mA.
Is it correct ? Can I use 560 K ?

It is my first time experience with Eagle to draw schematic. If someone notice any drawing faults
in my schematic, pls inform me to improve my drawing skill with Eagle.....

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Looks good to me. Pin 7 is a simple transistor switch to ground, so Ohm's Law is in effect for the current. Figure around 100ma max (don't remember the exact spec).

You can increase the resistances on the input quite a bit to reduce current draw, but it is a matter of taste. I'd go with 10KΩ.

vinodquilon

Joined Dec 24, 2009
Simple PICAXE-08 program to create accurate 60 sec output time delay when first ring trigger occurs.

start:
if pin3=1 then holdoff
goto start

holdoff:
high 2
wait 60
low 2
goto start

See the attachment. Opto-couplers' output goes to IP 3 (pin no.4) of PICAXE-08.
I will connect IP/OP 2 (pin no.5) of PICAXE-08 to base of relay driving transistor BC547.
Thus I can accurately turn on relay for 60 sec when first ring signal comes.

I am newbie in the field of PIC microcontroller. Thanks for all help by IanP of edaboard.

I couldn't find any eagle libraries for PICAXE-08 on cadsoft. Does anyone have ?

Attachments