4S2P Lithium "12V" Battery Problems

LithiumNewbie

Joined Oct 15, 2018
I'm brand new to learning how to construct and wire up Lithium battery packs. After trying to charge a couple packs using a lithium-specific car charger (and frying cells each time), I bought a hobby charger and some BMS'.

Today I built my first 4S2P battery to power the stereo on my electric scooter. I followed a DIY guide from the internet for building the battery and connecting the BMS (Images attached). After everything was connected I took my multimeter to test the voltage:

B+ to B2 = 4V
B+ to B3 = 8V
B+ to B4 = 12V
B+ to B- = 16V
P+ to P- = 16V

I also tested the voltage on each battery and each series, which were all 4V. I then connected the pack to my Hobby Mate Lithium Charger (for 1S to 6S lithium batteries) and ran several settings, but none would work. Not LiIo or LiPO, not Charge or Discharge. Every time I try and start the charging the charger beeps several times and displays "Battery Check Disconnect". Disconnecting and re-connecting the battery does absolutely nothing.

I got frustrated and connected the battery up to a standard SLA 3A charger... It connected and began charging immediately until it reached "Fully Charged". I tested each cell and all were functioning perfectly; however the SLA charger does not achieve a full 16V and thus could never bring this pack up to its full voltage.

I would appreciate any help some of you experienced battery builders can offer on why I am not able to charge this batter pack using my Lithium charger. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you in advance for your feedback :)

Attachments