-48VDC to +12VDC output

ajay_jamdar

Joined Sep 14, 2013
Hello,
I am working on project where i am getting -48VDC from battery & my circuit works on +12VDC/1.5Amp.
Please suggest me circuit/convertor to get +12VDC from -48VDC.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
It's strange that the -48VDC from battery, why not 48Vdc?
You may buy a product, or you can using LM3763 to DIY and adjust the voltage to 12V from 48V.
LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller.

ajay_jamdar

Joined Sep 14, 2013
It's strange that the -48VDC from battery, why not 48Vdc?
You may buy a product, or you can using LM3763 to DIY and adjust the voltage to 12V from 48V.
LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller.
It is cell site, can you tell me the correction/modification that how i can get +ve volt from -ve volt. Simple in rectifire circuit.?

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
-48vdc is a very common power supply voltage in Telephone Exchanges & the like.

Many such sites also have a protected 240vac source,so if you don't have to have continuous power & can handle a very short break,it may be an easy answer to simply run it off a Mains operated power supply.

If not,& the circuit is not already built up into a case,you can simply invert it,so that the positive side of the circuit goes to the Earth rail,& the negative side is driven via a -12V regulator.

This is how many manufacturers adapted their products to different supply polarities in the days before switchmode circuits which can be used for polarity inversion were available.

Signal earths should still work OK,as the power circuit will have quite a low impedance to signal frequencies.