40-60Hz Led strobe 555

81nathan

Joined Oct 22, 2009
Hi, i'm currently trying to build a Led strobe circuit controlled by a 555 timer. I'm using 3 x SSC P7 led's as my lighting source which will be controlled by the 555 timer via a buckpuck (or some sort of suitable led driver), this circuit needs to be very stable and accurate - 40-60 flashes\sec (adjustable flashes per\sec via pot) Unfortunately i'm not that great with electronics and need help figuring out what capacitors (values,types) to use, and how to make this on a breadboard. I have read previous posts on led strobe circuits but i believe this is a little bit different?? any help with what parts to use or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to pay for a senior member to help out. cheers

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hello 81nathan,
I took the liberty of reformatting your inquiry. This makes it more readable, and more likely to receive replies.
Hi,

I'm currently trying to build a Led strobe circuit controlled by a 555 timer.

I'm using 3 x SSC P7 led's as my lighting source, which will be controlled by the 555 timer via a buckpuck (or some sort of suitable led driver)

This circuit needs to be very stable and accurate - 40-60 flashes\sec (adjustable flashes per\sec via pot)

Unfortunately, I'm not that great with electronics, and need help figuring out what capacitors (values,types) to use, and how to make this on a breadboard.

I have read previous posts on led strobe circuits, but I believe (that) this is a little bit different?? any help with what parts to use or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
If you want to download Schematica's trial software (which I recommend) from their site, here it is:
http://www.schematica.com/
Don't risk downloading it from some other site; get it from the authors' site.
You can run it in freeware mode, or in demo mode (for the registered versions).

It has a number of features in the registered mode that aren't available in the freeware mode; but they have to eat too, right?

Don't risk getting this software from other than the publisher's site.

81nathan

Joined Oct 22, 2009
thanks guys thats been a great help:)

But i'm very new to this and transferring a circuit schematic to breadboard is usually where i come unstuck. I'm using the output pin of the 555 timer to trigger the control pin of the buckpuck, do i need a resistor between these two connections??

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You'll need to post more details of your circuit first.

We don't know what BuckPuck you're using. We don't know what your 555 configuration is. We don't know your LED ratings. Actually, you haven't given us much of anything.