4 story Elevator Control Project

mnguy51

Joined Oct 14, 2013
I know you guys are thinking oh lord another elevator circuits project, but I've seen the other's people projects on homework help and read through them, they are somewhat further than what I even understand on this project.

The problem I'm having is how to even approach designing this thing. I'm not asking for the answer or solution to this project, but really am just asking for some guidelines or maybe the first step, in order to push me in the right direction.

So I believe the first step for this project would be to make a state diagram using a moore diagram. I've never really worked with anything that has 6 inputs and 5 outputs, the only thing I know how to make are moore diagrams for simple things like designing a circuit that meets the following specifications:
1. The circuit has one input w, and one output z.
2. All changes in the circuit occurs on the positive edge of a clock signal
called Clock.
3. The output z is equal to logic-1 if during two immediately preceding clock
cycles the input w was equal to logic-1. Otherwise, output z is equal to
logic-0.

The above is easy for me, but I have no clue how to begin a project this complicated. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
I've attached my project guidelines. And thank you all for your help in advance.

Attachments

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
mnguy51,

I know it sounds silly but really, the best place to start is at the beginning.

Start with the major components first. Make sure you can move the car up and down correctly. Then move on to the call circuit, some inputs and outputs will be in series and some will be in parallel. Don't forget safety devices and door opening and closing and so much more.

In other words take it one step at a time. Do one circuit then move on and do another circuit and then make sure that the two circuits are incorporated and work well together. It's literally a step by step process.

Somewhere in the archives is a thread on a dumbwaiter circuit that's is basically a step by step.

Good luck.

mnguy51

Joined Oct 14, 2013
Guys thanks for all your help, I have everything running properly but I don't know how to keep the elevator doors open for 4 clock cycles. If anyone could give me a hint that would be great! Again thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction especially crutschow and williamj.

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Guys thanks for all your help, I have everything running properly but I don't know how to keep the elevator doors open for 4 clock cycles. If anyone could give me a hint that would be great! Again thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction especially crutschow and williamj.
You could use some type of NOP (no operation) command to make a delay loop. Or, if literally 4 clock cycles are required, then 4 NOP commands in 4 consecutive lines also works.