4-bit synchronous counter which is counting upwards from 3 to 12?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
The boolean expressions look okay, but your implementation doesn't. There are no OR gates...

Your style is very messy and difficult to read. Well drawn schematics will have a flow primarily left to right and top to bottom with no unnecessary wire bends or crossings and no scenic routes.

This is my schematic (with the decode logic blocked out):
clipimage.jpg
My style was derived from TI's from the 70's:
clipimage.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I've circled some areas in red where you can improve the readability of your schematic:
clipimage.jpg

Are you in the habit of reading binary numbers backwards? If not, why did you arrange your indicators backwards reading?

Sedus

Joined Mar 25, 2021
I've circled some areas in red where you can improve the readability of your schematic:
View attachment 233724

Are you in the habit of reading binary numbers backwards? If not, why did you arrange your indicators backwards reading?
Yes, I know its bad but I need this to don't get lost at these things. Thanks for improvement tips.

Sedus

Joined Mar 25, 2021
I must use TINA from DesignSoft, I dont know how to do that thing at the left side in your circuit, so I must just connect clock,high and clear one by one.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi S,
If my copy of your circuit is correct, this is what LTSpice shows.

Starts first Count at '0' the counts to '12' , then restarts a '3' and counts to '12' etc....

E
Those circuits on the right side of the image are what I use to monitor the counter states.
ESP_ 47.png

Sedus

Joined Mar 25, 2021
Its correct I mean its totally fine, everytime start at 0 but after 1 "cycle" it would work fine from 3 to 12.