TreadMill Issues

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Neither can I.
It says technogym.
I have to get a picture.

The thing is a friend of mine text me this, asking for help, so I thought I'll first ask around.

I'll come back with more info

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey :eek:
How did ....OK I give up.

Thank anyways.
I will contact them.
But I do not think Maldives has any contact with them. If they did, then it won't come my way.
If I am to attend, then it means, that treadmill is way out of every bodies league here.

Authorized service center or not. Which by the way we have plenty of.
I will show you all someday.

{ ed }
India ? Another headache....will keep u posted on this event....
aren't we all enjoying this......

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Great !! Now how am I suppose to get them.
I got these two treads that seems nobody has any clue on how to fix it.
I met with the gym owners and I have to attend them tomorrow afternoon.
I need to study 'em before I attempt to repair it.

Bertus, can u view them or zip it for me.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What would be the difference between downloading the PDF from the original site and here?
You still need to download them.
I have no problems with downloading the PDF's from the original site.

Bertus

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
PDF view does not even open for these two files..
this is what happens to me.
When I click on the link a new window opens and I can see the progress bar going like 100m/hr, and at the end it stops, still no document is visible, it's like the window is stuck but it isn't. Now from my traffics I can see the mb's increasing and goes on but no document. After a while I get an error message, saying that connection was reset. BAM!! no document.
Have to try again and just to view one document I have to download 50 Mb's of data, still I cannot get what I want. Lousy f*****g broad band services

This has been going on for a few days now. And my download limit has exceeded. Wataniya will charge me per kb. U see even now I can see my manger incrementing in 0.1mbps . But I get nothing. And they will say that I was downloading after my limit. but the truth is that due to there poor service I am having a hard time downloading pdf's, and it keeps on getting corrupt and connection reset and the download adds up.... Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

I was thinking that if any of u could compress it using winrar and upload it I can get it piece by piece. Like from Rapid share or file server. If you want I can give you the account pass so that you can upload it for me. This way I can definitely get it

FingerPrint

Joined Jul 24, 2008
Sometimes this happens to me with PDFs, must be a glinch in the matrix:D
Try this :- right click on the link and choose Save Target As...
This will save it to your hard drive direct without opening it

Hope this works for you

Rob

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Sometimes this happens to me with PDFs, must be a glinch in the matrix:D
Try this :- right click on the link and choose Save Target As...
This will save it to your hard drive direct without opening it

Hope this works for you

Rob
Hey !! I don't believe this..u know even though I know about that method it never occurred to me to use it. I'm having brain farts....... too much work :(

It worked ..Thank you for pointing it out :D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Here are the treads that I was talking abt.
You would not believe the status of them

This is SportsArt one

See the quality soldering. And they call em technicians.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
SportsArt cont.

This is the Cybex 600

The fuse holders, Power switched and main connector, transistor heat mounts were completely destroyed due to improper handling.

First of all the SportArts PCB has to be tested for MOSFET shorts and the soldering has to be cleaned too. There are missing components too.

The Cybex one is also pretty bad shape but does power up after reassembling it. But now it is giving an additional error besides the initial error code

This is going to be one tough job.

As you can see, these are our qualified technicians handy work.
And they advertising that they the ones authorized to fix tread mills

What a bunch of showoffs.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@ retched.
I manage to swap the brushes from the damaged one to the current "brush" error one.
The brushes are like new, so for now one is in operation. No need to clarify on the error.

I will need prices for the cybex 600T one. (referenced from the pdf I sent u)
# 01 Pair of brushes (positive and negative, keep in mind tht one brush has two, {light duty wire} connections, which is for brush wear sensor ckt. no sure whether +ve or -ve one)
# 01 Running belt.
# Rear and front roller bearings if possible, if not the price of front Roller Assy
# 01 Speed sensor disc
# 01 Switch Membrane ( Lower, Pro , English ) part no. SW-17187-4 (Lower Overlay )

email me the price to my door step ( worst case is if the roller is included, meaning heavy package)

Still donno what the Sports Art wud need.
After u clarify the price, I can place a quote for it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is crazy. Why does everything ends up in my hand when we have so many authorized professionals.

Oh well!!
One Tread is in operation since I had swapped the brushes.
So Now I have started my work on the SportsArt tread PCB.

Took out all the Power components and cleaned the nice soldering previously done.
I'll Just show u the works

The IGBT's are shorted. The power diodes are OK but due to fine handling the pins are bend and twisted....so I don't think I wud be using any of these components.

I have only one component.
The IRFP460. This was bought during a repair attempt few years back.
Other components are available at digikey and I hope My good friend is there to get 'em for me when the time comes.

Besides having the IGBT's shorted I cud not find any other faulty component and was wondering why the heck, who ever they are did what they had done to this board.

I mean why try to desolder all the power components including the bridge and after all their both hand wanking cud not get this thing done.

They might have bought new components from Male' ( I will not trust them cheap Chinese parts) or cud have got from abroad.

But the real problem is wht the heck was it fritz to this day.
My careful eye poking found me this

see the circle, the opto had solder jumper. At first I though it was nothing but I cannot flick it out. so tested the Pins with the meter and Viola!!
The bloody opto was shorted. And the solder not a drip but a real hot drip onto the pins.

Alas !!!! we have all the wannabees.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009

Managed to find some faulty components from the second Cybex one.

Correction: Damaged components.

Component lead were broken from the body. Donno what kinda individual can do this

Replaced one opto, 2 diodes and a resistor