36v linear actuator switches...

harley the husky

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys.
I'll cut the long story short ... some bright spark at my work picked up the floor scrubber machine that we have in an apparent attempt to ' totally empty it ' .... :confused:

So broken limit external limit switches. burned wires as the fuse didn't blow untill the motor wires shorted to earth.

replaced wiring - replaced the broken limit switch which is a 3 pole Omron type micro switch with simulated roller which appears to contact the limit bar which is attatched to the moving end of the actuator.

My problem is this:

It appears that the limit switches are all messed up and the actuator effectively runs through the switches... Does anyone know how to set these up correctly ?

What confuses me the most is that the limit switch which is nearest the moving end is never actually 'uncovered' by this moving bar .... ?

I'll post some pictures on Photobucket !

:mad:

Thanks guys.
Eddie

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Can't say much without seeing some pics and schematics.
It appears that the limit switches are all messed up and the actuator effectively runs through the switches... Does anyone know how to set these up correctly ?
If the machine operates with a busted limit switch, then the internal mechanism of the limit switch is probably jammed into the "ok to run" position (whatever position that may be) and therefore is safety hazard. Or some jackoff has bypassed it electrically in the past, which isn't unlikely in some places.
What confuses me the most is that the limit switch which is nearest the moving end is never actually 'uncovered' by this moving bar .... ?
some limit switches are "snap action" type, meaning that you can move the operator (roller, button, lever, etc.) some portion of full travel and nothing will happen. Once you get to a specific spot (adjustable) it will "snap" to the other position electrically. so you can set these up right on the verge of snapping, so that only very little travel is required to switch them. A limit switch with a roller arm could be adjusted to switch when it rides over a barely noticeably flattened portion of the actuator, for example.