315MHz transmitter and reciever w/ LED

tracy rivera

Joined Jun 25, 2012
I'm trying to make a simple device (circuit) and I can't get it to work.I am an electrician. however, I have very little experience with Electronics. Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a basic 315MHz RF link kit that I bought online (Transmitter/ Receiver set). I want the receiver to light up an LED every time a 9v battery is hooked up to the transmitter. Thats it. No encoding necessary (not worried about interference). I need the LED to stay lit constantly until power is cut from the transmitter. I need the receiver to be a mobile device that runs on battery power (5v) (I can't even figure out what size or configuration on batteries...I'm pathetic (lol) . the receiver does nothing but light an LED, that will be its only function. Please be extremely thorough and specific in every connection to make this work. Here's the specs on what I have in my possession : Purchased from E-Bay, 315MHz RF link kit for Arduino/ARM/MCU Frequency: 315MHz Modulation: ASK Receiver Data Output: High-1/2 Vcc, Low-0.7v Transmitter Input Voltage: Transmitter: 3-12V (higher voltage = more transmitting power) Receiver: 5V (TTL Output) The transmitter has 3 pins: GND, VCC, and DATA. The receiver has 4 pins: GND, two labeled DATA, and the last one labeled VCC. Questions: Please tell me which LED will work? What type of resistor do I use for the LED? Whats the easiest way to set up the battery power for the receiver. Is a standard 9V battery ok for this transmitter? And PLEASE tell me where to solder all my connections so this thing will work? Please be extremely specific with a drawing if possible. Thank You.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm trying to make a simple device ...
Famous last words. What makes you think this is simple? IMHO, this is an advanced project requiring very expensive test equipment to diagnose any problems. If you follow a kit recipe and it just works, consider yourself lucky.

When you say it doesn't work, what have you done? Have you looked at the data output and failed to see any signal? Do you have another receiver you could use to determine if the transmitter is...transmitting?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
To do what you want with those devices, you will need some encoder decoders for them, the decoder will go on the receiver circuit and the encoder will be on the transmitter...... there are so many different kinds available from Holtek, you will have to do your own research on which ones will fit your needs.

Actually, I took a look and these seem to fit your need well since you only really need one I/O. http://www.holtek.com.tw/english/products/remote_1.htm