3 kVA 12 Volts DC to 230 Volts AC inverter circuit

nikhilsonar29

Joined Sep 26, 2014
@tcmtech
yes sir we can directly feed 48 v to vvvf drive,it will drive motor independently ,but there are other circuitry are also need 230 volt supply,those are lift in to the light ,door drive ,motor break ,
generally my concept is to , by implementing uploaded inverter circuit we get 230 volt ac and this 230 will be given to the transformer ,and transformer will drive all circuit those need 230 v ac during power failure.(by means of control system)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Yes I follow that. What I am saying is that for your time effort and money refitting the system with a good used 230 VAC 3 KVA UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) on the system's primary power feed will save you a lot of work and be far more reliable.

nikhilsonar29

Joined Sep 26, 2014
sir,
but my objective is to first get success in project and then standardizing the same with covering all safety issue,will go for bulk production ,

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Unfortunately your design is a long way from being remotely ready or competitive with whats already out on the market now. As I stated earlier simply installing a common mass produced UPS unit would solve all the problems with far less work and difficulty.

To be honest when compared to modern inverter and uninterruptible power supply systems your design and choice of components is comparable to technology that was used 40+ years ago. I'm not trying to belittle your work but to expect it to become a mass produced product is highly unrealistic.

nikhilsonar29

Joined Sep 26, 2014
i am totally agree with you sir,
actually with existing our lift product we are using ups from local company,which is having every latest feature ,lcd display alarm and all.but as an application oriented if we see for our requirement these all features are not that necessary,
also sir plz note that ,what I am seeing for mass production is my future plan and it is not like to be having any completion with ups or inverter manufacture.that will be jst for our company to reduce the cost by means of making inverter in house.
we just need 230 volt power supply with specific power for let us say 3 min,then why to go for these costlier ups ,

Last edited:

nikhilsonar29

Joined Sep 26, 2014
plz sir find the attachments,
here I have attached pdf file that how total circuit with battery charging is going to implement,
plz suggest me if any changes.
and also in that i have noted some of my queries .
@tcmtech,
sir,
compare with this attached file any different and better circuit if u can suggest plz do suggest.
Thanks and Regards
Nikhil

Attachments

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm not sure what to suggest or more to the point where to start exactly. :oops:

So far everything presented just does not convince me that you are working as or working for a legitimate lift/elevator manufacturing sales and service company. What I see is a ancient circuit deign made from a bunch of low end parts assembled in a homemade plywood box which to me seems very unlikely to be any form of prototyping method any professional manufacture would use to save money or to improve their design of a system that is intended to transport human beings safely. :eek:

As far as the building in house because you don't feel you need all the extra stuff real UPS systems come with I don't even know what to say... I'm at a total loss for professional words really for your apparent motives behind your business choices especially considering that good quality basic UPS units in the 3 KVA working capacity are rather cheap to buy to begin with. :(

nikhilsonar29

Joined Sep 26, 2014
ok sir,
let me clear everything here,
first of all I am trainee engg here in this company,my designs or whatever I am doing will always be at primary level (provided the project is critical or sort of high voltage application) ,and also plz note that we are on the development phase, further action on those designs will only be after confirmation from our higher level body(those persons are having plenty of good experience in elevator industry),as in existing our control system for lift control every thing is at standard level,and also under safety, for eg for this ard operation for passenger rescue we are using readymade inverter from recognize third party, and control system for same is very well comparable ,as here I am electronics and control system engg , I am having this project to made our own inverter circuit .
Thanks and regards
Nikhil Sonar