250 KHz ultrasonic waves radiofrequency transmitter and receiver

mit_bme

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I want to transmit 250 KHz ultrasonic waves using radiofrequency transmitter and receive the data at the receiver.
As a newbie in communication engineering, I dont have much expertees in designing trasmitter and receiver.
Can any one help me with component selection and circuit designing for transmitter and receiver?

Thanks

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Quite a difference between ultrasonic waves and radio-frequency waves.

Ultrasonics transmit acoustic pressure waves.
RF is electromagnetic waves.

Which one do you want?

mit_bme

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Thanks mate for answer.
All I need is, the I need to transmit Ultrasonic waves generated by Piezoelectronic transducer over a distance of 5 meter.
Which kind of electronic circuitery I should use.

Mit

mit_bme

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Thanks mate for the answer. I need to transmit data in air. I have looked though HC-SR04 module and the problem with that module is transmitter and receiver are located at the same place. I need modules where i can place transmitter and receiver at a distance.
Any suggestion?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Next question - What are you trying to do?

You can buy piezoelectric ultrasonic transducers and build the transmitter and receiver circuitry. Acoustic frequency is usually around 40kHz.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Why 250kHz? That will be attenuated by the air much more than the usual 40kHz, so would need either a more powerful transmitter or a more sensitive receiver.

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi Guys,

I want to transmit 250 KHz ultrasonic waves using radiofrequency transmitter and receive the data at the receiver.
As a newbie in communication engineering, I dont have much expertees in designing trasmitter and receiver.
Can any one help me with component selection and circuit designing for transmitter and receiver?

Thanks
I think it is very possible to transmit 250KHz thru the air. The navigation system prior to GPS was Loran-c. It's carrier frequency was 100KHz. The range was in hundreds of miles, and sometimes over a thousand miles. I think the most difficult thing to build will be the transmitting antenna. As I think about it, a ferrite rod with a winding on it, could easily be made to resonate at 250KHz.