22vdc wheelchair motor

seesoe

Joined Dec 7, 2008
i put 10k for both, the voltage travel range is from 6v to 12v now.

i kind of wanted the old 0v-12v range in there but with a greater step in the pot instead of it being so sensitive. for now the travel is 6v-12v, i will go try it out tomorrow and see what voltage range is the best conveyor speed.

thank you much for all the help so far:)

cheers
seesoe

seesoe

Joined Dec 7, 2008
ya i would love to have one; however, i am afraid resources are low, i am also trying to manage to build another conveyor to go with this one.

HBarker

Joined Sep 20, 2009
Hey Seesoe..
How did you make out on your control??
I have a simillar motor I am trying to control the forward and reverse movement of a saw mill head with..And like your I need to Really slow this motor down,..
Just thought would see if you had any input ..
Thanks

seesoe

Joined Dec 7, 2008
it works pretty well, the only thing is, however a little too well.
it is very very sensitive, after i did the resistor changes, it still is sensitive but not as much. as of now im looking for a bigger sprocket to help slow it down.

but ya its pretty nice controller, love it.

for a saw mill even better, you probably would like the precision control.

cheers
seesoe

HBarker

Joined Sep 20, 2009
Yours has the 4 pin connection on the motor?
red and black,, then what are the other 2 pins for?
just need the red and black with your application correct?
also ,,is anything between the controller and the motor,, like a capacitor or are you strait to the controller?
Thanks for your help in advance..

Im looking at the same controller ,,but the Bi-Directional model

HBarker

Joined Sep 20, 2009
I see.. Thanks for the info.
I do have some junk treadmill motor controls with slide and turn potentiometers on them . Although they have a 110 ac input and some are about 130v DC output . I notice one does have several pot controls.. one tagged speed.. this is MC-40 motor control unit,,
I would really like to use some of the on hand junk I have .. any suggestions on those.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You may or may not be able to use them.

I know nothing about an MC-40 motor control unit, nor what your slide and turn pots measure. You would have to provide more information.

My reference was in regards to Seesoe's question on the prior page as how to make the speed control less sensitive; sorry if I confused you.

seesoe

Joined Dec 7, 2008
i actually want less fine control, for example, now the pot changes the speed by .5 when moved, i would like it to be like 1 or something.
digital number panel would be pretty neat so i know exactly what number to put it on when the oven is at so and so temp/speed.
If you want to have a more fine control over the speed, you might consider using a 10-turn potentiometer, like this one:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=3590S-2-103L-ND

Not terribly cheap, but definitely functional. You would need to have another pot on the inside of the box to limit the maximum speed (replacing R5), as you wouldn't be able to limit the rotational travel of the 10-turn pot.

im using a normal dc electric wheelchair motor, in this i mean it has its breaks on it as well. there is an electromagnet on the back of a lot of wheelchair motors, the other 2 pins are just the neg and pos of the magnet.

for the purpose of reverse, you can just use a DPDT switch/relay between the controller and the motor. i dont have have anything between the controller and motor myself, just a straight shot.
Yours has the 4 pin connection on the motor?
red and black,, then what are the other 2 pins for?
just need the red and black with your application correct?
also ,,is anything between the controller and the motor,, like a capacitor or are you strait to the controller?
Thanks for your help in advance..

Im looking at the same controller ,,but the Bi-Directional model

seesoe

Joined Dec 7, 2008
the conveyor belt is made out of food grade stainless steel, its a pretty heavy package to move, the controller is also about 8 feet from the oven which is at about 800 degrees f.

i don't have a bidirectional switch, i was just giving an example of what you could do.

the heatsinks do get hot, try to help them out and cool them down if you can, but i think you'll be ok