220V 50 Hz to 110V 60Hz AC converter

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hello,

I need to buy a power converter from 220Vac 50 Hz to 110 Vac 60 Hz. The declared power consumption is 550 W (not VA, but I suppose that this refers to VA).
Where I can find such a product on the net market ?

Can someone suggest a reliable supplier in EU (no Amazon, eBay et simila) for such a product ?

Thanks !
s.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
A 220V power supply delivering DC, perhaps 12V or 24V, feeding an inverter to produce 110V 60Hz.
How sensitive is the load to the 60Hz waveform?

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
What are you powering,will a 2:1 Transformer do?
I suppose a 2:1 transformer will work, because it's this hot air station so frequency difference should not be a problem (correct me if I am wrong).
But I am still not completely sure so I prefer to study all possible solutions.

A power inverter is of course expensive to being used just to power that on.. :rolleyes:

s.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
All depends on the aim of use. If the collector motor, any smps will burn off in the first second. Reactive load is hardly non-compatible with it. In such cases is only one stable sulution but damn heavy - the Trafo. And let the Hz stay unchanged.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I suppose a 2:1 transformer will work, because it's this hot air station so frequency difference should not be a problem (correct me if I am wrong).
But I am still not completely sure so I prefer to study all possible solutions.
A power inverter is of course expensive to being used just to power that on.. :rolleyes:
Why not simply use a step down transformer?
Max.

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Why not simply use a step down transformer?
Max.
I did not mention from the beginning just because I still did not open the instrument to look if I can just substitute the inner transformer or not (I still don't know its architecture).
That's why I am keeping in mind to use a converter and I am interested to some reliable supplier, even if I prefer to do not, obviously.

s.

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: Simozz: As I told I bought from US Military Base soldiers a stolen very good 3 kW Bosch grinder machine for sth like bottle of vodka, but still have a problem to work with that 110V 60 Hz modell except the using damn heavy transformer 220-->110V at 50 Hz. I have checked a dozen of smps producers, none suffered longer than one second before smoked-up. Inductive load in pair with sure sparkles in collector, gives deadly fast overload series in otput channel for igbt. If anybody not want to add an own designed resonant output filter for those kW, Your idea is faulty. Her Majesty Practice proves that.