220 volt single phase run and start 6.5hp motor won't start

Tomstr

Joined Jun 20, 2017
I have been trying to find help on a electric motor problem go days now AND CANT GET ANY HELP!!! CAN SOMEONE WITH ELECTRIC MOTOR KNOWLEDGE HELP ME?... I bought a air compressor with a non starting motor...it's a 220v 6.5hp replaced pressure switch and run and start caps, power on pressure switch no ark at pressure switch.. removed overheat cutoff breaker took wire from it and ran to back of stationary switch on motor.. and now I have ark and pressure switch but L1 L2 loose power when pressure switch is off I have 110 volts at L1 and L2 why? 220 is cut off at power on cut off there is 110v ? But still won't start??? Is my run cap and start cap wired incorrectly?

Tomstr

Joined Jun 20, 2017
I bought this compressor second And I don't know if the compressors are wired properly one side has a yellow and brown wire that's the run the other side is the start capacitor it has two black wires now baron mind that on the back of the motor there's a circuit plate I guess that's what it's called that's were two of the wires come from and the power is plugged into on the back of that is the context which to start the motor

Tomstr

Joined Jun 20, 2017
On the run capactor the wires are yellow and brown the start wires are black...assumed that the run windings are bigger and the start windings are smaller?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
If the resistance readings are with all of the wires not connected to anything then the run capacitor is short circuit. You say "On the run capactor the wires are yellow and brown the start wires are black." What do you mean by the start wires are black? Are they to the start winding, the start capacitor or the start winding in series with the start capacitor ?
Which wires were connected to each of the terminals (L1, L2 and H) originally ?

Les.

Tomstr

Joined Jun 20, 2017
I made all of my readings with the terminal on the back of the motor I can take the terminal off and test all the wires bear if that's what you're asking I don't know if the run and start capacitors are wired properly? That's why I showed you a picture of the wires without the terminal and then showed you the picture of the terminal also ..

Tomstr

Joined Jun 20, 2017
If the resistance readings are with all of the wires not connected to anything then the run capacitor is short circuit. You say "On the run capactor the wires are yellow and brown the start wires are black." What do you mean by the start wires are black? Are they to the start winding, the start capacitor or the start winding in series with the start capacitor ?
Which wires were connected to each of the terminals (L1, L2 and H) originally ?

Les.
Just to let you know one black wire comes from the H and goes to the start capacitor the other black why can't comes from the winding and goes to the start capacitor The purple wire from the windings went to the circuit breaker it takes temperature and shuts off the motor if it gets too hot I took that purple wire and went straight to the terminal board beside the white ill to wire